Glenn Family of Scotland and Virginia
James Glenn b 1636, Stirlingshire, Scotland, d 15 Sep 1696, Accomack, VA. He md Elizabeth Mitchell abt 1660, Scotland. She was b abt 1640, prob Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Children of James Glenn and Elizabeth Mitchell were:
James Glenn b 25 Sep 1664, Stirlingshire, Scotland, d prob Accomack, VA. He md Mourning Winn 4 Dec 1689, Lunenburg, VA, daughter of (prob) Samuel Winn. She was b 1668, Accomack, VA, d 1750.
- Lazarus Glenn b abt 1661, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- John Glenn b abt 1662, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- Alexander Glenn b 10 May 1663, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- Katherine Glenn b 10 May 1663, Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- James Glenn b 25 Sep 1664.
Known children of James Glenn and Mourning Winn were:
Mourning Glenn b 1702, New Kent, VA, d 8 May 1775, Albemarle, VA. She md Maj. Robert Harris 13 Jan 1720, son of Capt. William Harris and Temperance Overton.
- James Glenn b abt 1694, VA.
- David Glenn b abt 1698, VA.
- Mourning Glenn b 1702.
- Tyree Glenn b abt 1704, New Kent, VA, d 11 Mar 1784; md Mary Roe.
- Jeremiah Glenn b abt 1709, New Kent, VA, d 3 Mar 1763, Louisa, VA.
GL: Marriages of Virginia Residents, Vol I, Part III, p 110, Histories and Genealogies, by W. H. Miller, 1907, pp 228-233, Harris Family Records, by J. Montgomery Seaver, 1929, p 24, Boone Family, by Hazel Atterbury Spraker, 1922, p 531; Fred Odom [ref: Glenn Family History, by Betty Rae Glenn Lockhart, 1956].
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR GLENN
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME